9955 Jasper Avenue | 105m | 34s | Great Gulf | a—A

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
A previous proposal... one of many.
Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 8.26.18 PM.png

I am absolutely 100% against any development on this site since it will obstruct views of the Hotel Mac from our main downtown street.
I fail to see the logic of replacing a park with a high-rise development when there are actual parking lots to choose from (e.g. 102 St/100 Ave, 104 Ave/101 St).

I want the city to use CRL funding to buy the land between the Hotel Mac and Jasper Ave, retain it as a park, and rename it from Frank Oliver Park to Robbie Burns Park or a name of indigenous origin.
I'm emailing Mayor Sohi and Councillor Stevenson.

I am absolutely 100% against any development on this site since it will obstruct views of the Hotel Mac from our main downtown street.
I fail to see the logic of replacing a park with a high-rise development when there are actual parking lots to choose from (e.g. 102 St/100 Ave, 104 Ave/101 St).

I want the city to use CRL funding to buy the land between the Hotel Mac and Jasper Ave, retain it as a park, and rename it from Frank Oliver Park to Robbie Burns Park or a name of indigenous origin.
Working in the ATB building I can assure you this park space is not utilized. I’m for ditching the Oliver name though, no doubt.

Working in the ATB building I can assure you this park space is not utilized. I’m for ditching the Oliver name though, no doubt.
It isn’t well used, but I think that has more to do with the fact that the park isn’t doing much to create an inviting space for folks. That shouldn’t be reason for views of the Hotel Mac to be obstructed but an opportunity to imagine a new kind of public space.

It isn’t well used, but I think that has more to do with the fact that the park isn’t doing much to create an inviting space for folks. That shouldn’t be reason for views of the Hotel Mac to be obstructed but an opportunity to imagine a new kind of public space.

How about:
- water fountain
- skateboard ramp
- basketball hoop
- pickleball court
- chess or other board games
- food truck
- anything else that was considered for the Warehouse Park

Congratulations, your wish is granted.

The proposal appears very dead.

Problem is, I've spent time in that park and there's so much vehicle traffic through there, I think it would be a really difficult space to make inviting for anyone to want to spent time there.
Agree, also why would people spend time on the downtown side for park space when they can walk to the other side of the Mac and have the entire River Valley. Having said that, if there is a development here, there will likely be a public park amenity.

There is room for a 3 car window cashier setup for a Starbucks or MacD. Up the hill drive right into the signage lane, go to window 1,2 or 3 grab your coffee and carbs and turn right east bound on Jasper. 🤪

Back