114 Street Development | ?m | 6s | Leston Holdings | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thank goodness for private developers still building infills, multi-residential developments. With the provincial government ignoring Edmonton, the City government incompetent and allowing municipal infrastructure to crumble away, and rejecting new transportation projects (gondola), it seems like the private developers are all we have left.

Thank goodness for private developers still building infills, multi-residential developments. With the provincial government ignoring Edmonton, the City government incompetent and allowing municipal infrastructure to crumble away, and rejecting new transportation projects (gondola), it seems like the private developers are all we have left.
Well the City is still giving private developers grants for affordable housing projects, sometimes in mixed-use projects (like Westrich’s project in Garneau). The City isn’t against all private development, just needs to have components that benefit citizens.

They submitted their BP at the end of July so I figure they'd want to have shovels in the ground before the snow flies.
I thought they needed shovels in the ground by Dec 31, 2021 to qualify for the city’s grant?

I thought they needed shovels in the ground by Dec 31, 2021 to qualify for the city’s grant?
Negligible at this point, but March 31, 2022 was the final date. More details here, including a map of the acceptable area.

0B02BA8E-803E-47DE-AF4C-32631A64C943.jpeg

Negligible at this point, but March 31, 2022 was the final date. More details here, including a map of the acceptable area.
Is there a separate thread for the 2021 Private Construction Projects - Economic Incentive Grant? I am wondering if anyone is tracking how many projects advanced to construction and how many have lost the grand approval standing. I do see on the site you linked to that 10/13 are proceeding. zI was hoping for some discussion on the program here on Skyrise. I hope the City uses the balance of funds from the 3 projects that did not progress to move forward with a second round and top it up.

Is there a separate thread for the 2021 Private Construction Projects - Economic Incentive Grant? I am wondering if anyone is tracking how many projects advanced to construction and how many have lost the grand approval standing. I do see on the site you linked to that 10/13 are proceeding. zI was hoping for some discussion on the program here on Skyrise. I hope the City uses the balance of funds from the 3 projects that did not progress to move forward with a second round and top it up.
It does seem like it was a worthwhile approach to spur development. Would love to see it done again!!

Back