News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Currents of Windermere

Windermere

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what is going in here?

PXL_20240616_192317353.jpg

Strange....office building parkade? No way did a new residential buiding "slip by" our super sleuths on here....lol

82 unit mixed use building according to an article MacLac posted in miscellaneous.
That's me! For some reason I thought this "hole" in the ground was a different project than the 1 mentioned, for the mere fact that the shoring and the hole is dug already.....

Last edited:
It will be somewhat amusing if power centres and malls become some of the best mixed used areas for affordable housing/walkability. From day one you have everything you need at your doorstep.

Most do need better transit service, though.

It will be somewhat amusing if power centres and malls become some of the best mixed used areas for affordable housing/walkability. From day one you have everything you need at your doorstep.

Most do need better transit service, though.
I find proximity and non car use don’t always correlate though.

I have a friend across the street from currents in those existing towers. They still drive to anything within currents.

People will walk 20mins in Wihkwentowin and will drive for what’s a 10min walk in the suburbs simply because of design. Diagonally crossing massive parking lots, especially in the winter, doesn’t make a lot of people choose to walk.

'I have a friend across the street from currents in those existing towers. They still drive to anything within currents.'

Oh my.

Ironically, it WAS intended to be an improvement over SEC and had a significant 'outdoor mall' and walking core.

'I have a friend across the street from currents in those existing towers. They still drive to anything within currents.'

Oh my.
Car dependent sprawl gunna make people car.

This is why our dense suburbs are great for reducing wasted land, but fail at most other measures of good city planning imo.

They’re essentially faux urbanism. Pretending to have more urban elements, while every home still being 2 cars, driving for 90% of trips, and land use still being heavily segregated.

Shifter had a good video on it recently criticizing calgarys new suburbs for pretending to be “walkable” and such.

Back