News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Community Safety and Wellbeing Database

CplKlinger

Member Bio
Reaction score
I came across the city's data portal for community safety and wellbeing, and it's pretty interesting. Here's the link.

It has multiple data points for seven "pillars" of community safety and wellbeing: Basic needs, climate and environment, community vitality, education and learning, employment and labour, health, and recreation and culture. For instance, there's a measure tracking the number of residents who volunteer, one that tracks the city's average life expectancy, another that measures our unemployment rate (I was surprised that it's so low), and even one that reports on how many Edmontonians report feeling a sense of belonging and connection in the city. And of course, there's the usual measures like how many people are experiencing houselessness (one nice thing this website does is break it down betweeen adults and youths). Each data point has a citation too.

I know numbers aren't the most entertaining thing for many people, but it's interesting being able to get a picture for so many different things on one page.

Back