CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
when we went for a tour just to see how crazy the rent would be the leasing agent said they already signed one tenant for the whole space.... apparently. restaurant/cafe/grocery set up
Last I heard was that it was the Corso group for the entire space who had a unique vision that was different than their Uccellino and Bricco concepts.

when we went for a tour just to see how crazy the rent would be the leasing agent said they already signed one tenant for the whole space.... apparently. restaurant/cafe/grocery set up
Exciting. I'm really hoping the cafe/grocery part of this comes to fruition (the area is screaming out for a great deli)

I wouldn't say the Safeway is very busy at all so surprised that another grocer is coming into the picture just a couple blocks away.

I wouldn't say the Safeway is very busy at all so surprised that another grocer is coming into the picture just a couple blocks away.
We did not realize that the Jasper Safeway was still open - it was so dark we thought it was closed so went to the one on 104 and 116 St

^^^ with a Safeway 2 blocks to the west, and a Shoppers Drug Mart 2 blocks to the east, I don't think anyone is planning to add another grocery store here.

^^^ with a Safeway 2 blocks to the west, and a Shoppers Drug Mart 2 blocks to the east, I don't think anyone is planning to add another grocery store here.
I would strongly suspect that a specialty grocery store by the Corso group would not directly compete with Safeway or Shoppers and would more likely serve as a high end destination for consumers from not just Oliver but nearby wealthy neighbourhoods as well.

Are we talking an Italian Centre/Mercato's type concept here, or a restaurant focused concept that so happens to include some on-the-go foods/coffees etc.?

Are we talking an Italian Centre/Mercato's type concept here, or a restaurant focused concept that so happens to include some on-the-go foods/coffees etc.?
That's what I was hearing. More a retail option. Look at RngRd for inspiration.

Rge Rd started as a restaurant but expanded within the same building to open 'The Butchery', which is a butcher shop offering meats, breads, and a bunch of premade to-go items. They also added a private dining space. So a bunch of different offerings that all work out of the same kitchen.

What Strata said. I remember similar ventures in Toronto. And on a smaller scale Chartier in Beaumont is doing a very small version of it.

Back