News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Legislature Grounds / Centennial Plaza

Here is a photo of the construction.

Wasn't there a building to the northeast of the legislature building? (Second photo).
PXL_20240211_205806356.MP.jpg

PXL_20240211_205814912.MP.jpg

Here is a photo of the construction.

Wasn't there a building to the northeast of the legislature building? (Second photo).
View attachment 540013
View attachment 540014
Yes, the Legislature Annex Building, which was torn down a couple of years ago.

Sad to see the wadding pool gone given how many loved using it in the summer, the number of families it brought Downtown and that it was free, but I suppose I need to move on from that and embrace spray parks and other options.
No, I don't think you do. I know alot of families for whom the wadding pool was a highlight who will be far less excited about yet another spray park. It was a lazy/cheap decision made by people who don't value public spaces as worthwhile investment for the community.

Sad to see the wadding pool gone given how many loved using it in the summer, the number of families it brought Downtown and that it was free, but I suppose I need to move on from that and embrace spray parks and other options.
Or else Gawd forbid if the water goes past "the ankles," then you need to chlorinate the water, have a water treatment facility, hire full time personnel. When I was a kid the "wading pool" in Beverly where I spent my summers, water was supplied pretty much off a fire hydrant and went up - on a kid - up the knees and it was a blast. Now we have spray parks......sucks to be a kid these days....

The pool was chlorinated and while I understand this was a decision due to AHS and liability issues, it's a product of why today's world is far less fun than yesterday's.
Perhaps that's why they didn't put one back in, but just to be clear the old wading pool was falling apart. The entire pedway underneath smells strongly like chlorine because cracks in the pool let a lot of water leak into the soil surrounding the pedway.

Back