Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Well my observation of when I'm heading to work at 5:00 to 5:30 pm from Davies. There is actually a decent number of people boarding the train northbound. The two major destinations seem to be (not surprisingly) Bonnie Doon and Churchill.

There will be more destinations (MacEwan, 124 Street, Meadowlark, WEM and others) once Valley Line West is complete. Much of the Valley Line stops at residential (e.g. Avonmore or Millbourne) and locations with limited activity (Quarters and Davies). I think there is much opportunity for future residential or commercial development at several locations.

Yeah, they’re lifting segments with the gantry today
Yup! Only 1 segment left to go
Capture.PNG

We can’t possibly prevent every last pedestrian or vehicle incident with LRT. When will people take responsibility?

This sort of thing happens everywhere in the world from time to time and when it is person vs. LRT, it is probably going to end worse for the former.

We can't force people to be more responsible, but it is their lives and if they have such disregard for their own safety and where they are, they will have to deal with the consequences.

This sort of thing happens everywhere in the world from time to time and when it is person vs. LRT, it is probably going to end worse for the former.

We can't force people to be more responsible, but it is their lives and if they have such disregard for their own safety and where they are, they will have to deal with the consequences.
A new way of preventing this problem and it provides jobs, snipers with tranquilizer darts all along the line and clean up crews to relocate the newly tranquilized individuals to downtown Calgary. 🙃🤪

IMG_7062.jpegIMG_7064.jpegIMG_7067.jpegIMG_6990.jpegIMG_7065.jpeg

The gantry is almost done the segment over the miz entrance, it looks like they do some sort of closure pour which I haven’t seen them do before. 1st straddle bent for wem station is also done.

On another note the other OMF kinda looks shitty, I wish they went for a similar design to the phase 1 OMF

Back