Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Another vehicle collision today at Bonnie Doon

F*** right turns on a red. One of the most dangerous and stupid traffic laws ever. Genuinely makes life worse for everyone, especially pedestrians and apparently LRT vehicles now.

I saw the yegwave video that’s claimed to be this incident and that right there is a license that needs to be taken away.

The vehicle was on the tracks at one point lol
If the driver/car was on the track, then a ban on right on red is not going to solve that guys problems. Should never have gotten a license in the first place as common sense is awol...

I saw the yegwave video that’s claimed to be this incident and that right there is a license that needs to be taken away.

The vehicle was on the tracks at one point lol
Was there a collision in that video? It just shows a pickup on the tracks with LRVs still slowly moving north and southbound.

Was there a collision in that video? It just shows a pickup on the tracks with LRVs still slowly moving north and southbound.
I remember reading that was the truck that got hit, but again it could be a completely different incident on the same day.

Right turn on red isn’t a problem. People just suck at driving
That is why it is a problem. People are in the habit of looking left for a break in the traffic to make a right turn then pull out without checking before pulling out. If you can’t fix this 100% it will continue to be an issue. I know you do it as well as every other driver on the road.

Left turns are an anathema to good traffic planning (except in Britain, Japan, Australia, etc., etc.)

Back