News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

The Edmonton Method - Snow Removal

Roadway clearing priority 1 through 3 listed 5 days as the standard.

If they haven't broken out super major arterials in its own priority, perhaps they should to actively clear those routes during active snow events.

Gateway south should be priority. South of 45 ave was not done today. But also on 17st and 23 ave none of those have been touched either.

There's a City garage on the southside by Ellerslie. You mean to tell me they can't house 4-5 graders there to get on 91 St, Ellerslie, Gateway, etc when it starts/stops snowing?

It's a joke is what it is.

The Henday is plowed WHILE it's snowing and I've never had an issue driving on it while or after it's snowing.

Pathetic by the City.

fwiw the sidewalk around our llittle neighbourhood park and playground was all cleared as of yesterday afternoon and this morning they came back with a ice chipper and snowblower to clear off the packed-down snow! Colour me surprised as that was the quickest snow removal I've seen for that park, especiallly since it's small and not adjacent to any major roads.

The shared use path along the Capital Line between the tunnel portal and 111 Avenue was also cleared and in great condition yesterday morning as well.

The shared use path along the Capital Line between the tunnel portal and 111 Avenue was also cleared and in great condition yesterday morning as well.
Surprisingly they've gotten faster at clearing it as the winter has gone on, which is nice. It took quite a while after the first substantial dump.

I have been through downtown andf the university areas and they still had windrows DAYS after the roads in capilano area were cleared 3 or 4 days in the row. Seems some equipment should be re-allocated to downtown

Someone is clearly not doing their job.
It's been like this for the past couple of weeks.
I want to report this to 311 but they are about as useless as tits on a bull.

20240321_160923.jpg

20240321_160927.jpg

Back