Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

via email

EDMONTON, AB – May 23, 2018 – As a follow up to our March 15, 2018 preliminary construction update on the unforeseen concrete structure discovered in the North Saskatchewan River, we provide the following:

Through diligent efforts, TransEd has been able to safely secure the north coffer cell to hold back the North Saskatchewan River water so that we have a safe working environment for both our people and equipment. Work is now progressing on the foundation platform for the Tawatinâ Bridge.

Look for the initial rail to be installed and the arrival of the first LRV this summer. More details as we get closer to those activities.

It will be interesting to see where they run the test trains at first. As of right now, there are no rails laid, and none of the road crossings have really been touched.

Yeah that steel has been there for months. It looks like it might be enough rail for the whole route. I’m just a little concerned about the timing as they haven’t moved the Whitemud bridge into place, and they haven’t touched any of the road crossings yet.

But in other news... First three cantenary poles have been installed!!

Valley Line - First catenary poles!!! by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

DgtOUJKUEAEaT95.jpg

Valley Line LRT‏ @yegvalleyLRT
There she goes! Edmonton's first LRV is being pulled out of @BombardierRail facility by CN, bound for #yeg! It will be here right on time at the end of July.
https://twitter.com/yegvalleyLRT/status/1011988689818288128

DgtQek2VAAAawDe.jpg

Valley Line LRT‏ @yegvalleyLRT
Here's another look at Edmonton's first @BombardierRail LRV leaving the Kingston facility, bound for #yeg. See you at the end of July!
https://twitter.com/yegvalleyLRT/status/1011991108081967104

Snapped from a moving vehicle, but looks like the first segments of elevated carriageways are on site by Davies station.

20180711_183637.jpg
20180711_183624.jpg 20180711_183628.jpg

Attachments

• 20180711_183624.jpg
    20180711_183624.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 20180711_183637.jpg
    20180711_183637.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 545
  • 20180711_183628.jpg
    20180711_183628.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 441
Share feedback on a one-way design for Stony Plain Road

July 16, 2018

The Valley Line LRT will provide a new way to take thousands of Edmontonians to where they live, work and play. As part of the Valley Line West LRT project, the City is considering a proposal to convert Stony Plain Road to a one-way, westbound operation from 149 Street to 156 Street. Citizens are invited to a public engagement session to share their feedback and perspectives on possible design options.

Date: Thursday, July 26
Time: 5 - 8 p.m.
Location: West End Christian Reformed Church, 10015 149 Street

There will be formal presentations at 6 and 7 p.m.

Preliminary engineering for Valley Line West was completed in 2013. Since receiving Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF) dollars in 2016, the project team has been reviewing and refining the design to address changes along the corridor. This work will prepare Valley Line West (between downtown and Lewis Farms) for construction, which is anticipated to start in late 2019 pending funding confirmation.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/valleylinewest

Media contact:
Jennifer Villeneuve
Communications Advisor
Valley Line West, LRT Delivery
780-508-9167

Attachments

• DiZl_AUUYAESRiK.jpg
    DiZl_AUUYAESRiK.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 519
I read/heard about the west LRT line taking out a ton of trees and even some houses to fit down stony plain road - driving through the area I see all the tree's marked off with "Save our trees" It still kinda baffles me how they are just trying to ram this LRT through without much thought of consequences etc.

I read/heard about the west LRT line taking out a ton of trees and even some houses to fit down stony plain road - driving through the area I see all the tree's marked off with "Save our trees" It still kinda baffles me how they are just trying to ram this LRT through without much thought of consequences etc.
At least they have a plan to replant them and more than are currently there. I empathize there will be short term losses, but trees do grow back, and depending on the types/sizes they replant, it could end up being fast. I think people have knee-jerked too far on this one. There would be more credence to the argument if the city had zero plans to replace any of the trees. There are many areas in the city where there is zero shrubbery or plants, let alone trees. Calgary Trail could be so much more inviting in various places if they simply put some greenery in. That is one thing I am somewhat envious of Calgary on - they attempt to add some of that on major routes.

Could not agree more, @westcoastjos.

Like, I get that at first the road may seem a bit bland, but after maybe 20-30 years, it’s honeslty probably gonna look better than it does now! :)

Anyone going to be in the area of Bonnie Doon tomorrow morning? I'll be in Calgary, and I'll be able to check it out when I get back, but this event would be a good time to grab some photos.

First Light Rail Vehicle in Edmonton
EDMONTON, AB – July 26, 2018 – Hon. Christina Gray, Alberta Minister of Labour; and His Worship Mayor Don Iveson will join TransEd representatives to formally welcome the first Light Rail Vehicle to Edmonton at an event to take place:

Friday, July 27, 2018
10:00 a.m.

Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre
82 Avenue and 83 Street
East parking lot

We hope you will join us.

The LRV will be on display at Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre from July 27-August 1.

Back