Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I would imagine the gantry crane will be used for the track portions of the station and the platforms and station infrastructure will be hoisted by a separate crane. Just guessing.

I would imagine the gantry crane will be used for the track portions of the station and the platforms and station infrastructure will be hoisted by a separate crane. Just guessing.
Maybe, but they are using segments as well, so a crane wouldn’t be able to do that unless it was similar to the gantry, so at that point, why not just use the gantry? My guess is they are using false work and then post-tensioning it

IMG_0400.jpeg
In this picture you can see where the centre rail section will attach At the edge of the support you can see a ledge where I assume the platform will sit. How would the central gantry crane be able to lift these side platforms?

If it's anything similar to Vancouver, the platform might be steel or a continuous concrete beams that'll be erected into place with a mobile crane as the structural requirements on the platform are much less than the LRT guideway.

I'd like to see a summer bus (like Fort Edmonton or Snow Valley) that could start at Muttart, go west on the James MacDonald to Rossdale, continue west on River Valley Road to Victoria Golf Course, continue to Groat Road and east on Victoria Park Road/100 Avenue to 107 Street. The bus could turn right to Government Centre Transit Centre and continue back to 97 Avenue. The bus could continue back east to Muttart Station. The bus would have LRT connections at Muttart and Government Centre.

I wonder if the Eddie bus should be broken up into two loops. The east loop could encompass MacEwan, Rogers Place/Ice District,, City Hall/Arts District, Scona Road/Saskatchewan Drive to 104 Street and Old Strathcona, west to 112 Street/U of A, east on 87 Avenue to Walterdale, Legislature, back up 107 Street to MacEwan. The west loop could encompass U of A south the South Campus Station, West to Fort Edmonton, Valley Zoo and 142 Street to Telus World of Science/Coronation Park and the new Velodrome, east to Westmount and 124 Street, south on 124 Street east on Jasper to 109 Street, across the High Level Bridge to the U of A.

Back