Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Very good to see. 400k is the new build “entry level” price these days I’d say. Over 500 really starts to cut off young buyers.
You can find smaller, less luxurious, worse located townhomes in th Orchards going for $430k+

$399k for Blatchford is incredibly reasonable. If houses were my thing, I'd definitely be looking into this, but I guess I'll have to wait a while for them to start building condos in Blatchford. 😢

DP for Fire Station:

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 489316030-002
Description:To construct a Protective and Emergency Services building, Blatchford Fire Station #8.
Plan 9220135 Blk 6A Lot 2
Applicant:GROUP2 ARCHITECTURE INTERIOR DESIGN LTD.
Create Date:2023/10/26
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA

DP for Fire Station:

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 489316030-002
Description:To construct a Protective and Emergency Services building, Blatchford Fire Station #8.
Plan 9220135 Blk 6A Lot 2
Applicant:GROUP2 ARCHITECTURE INTERIOR DESIGN LTD.
Create Date:2023/10/26
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA
So where will this be located? According to a quick map search it places the Station behind the school current there.

Believe it will be on the site where the parkade was torn down.
Correct:

489358283.png
489358263.png

Did Rocliffe Peirczajlo Design this one. That finish is similar to the project downtown.

What a sad design
100%. You would think after decades of building nothing but grey/beige buildings of non-people friendly buildings we'd have learned but nope.

Especially for a fire hall?? Can't even add a little red???

Why are so many buildings in Edmonton silver/grey/white? It gets depressing in winter. We need more variety, more colour.
Agreed! The obsession with neutrals is horrible in our winter climate. The city is brown or white for 6 months of the year. It's appalling that our buildings, cars, and clothes are all bland icky neutrals that feel very Soviet. I bet if we had a culture that valued color it would be a boon for our mental health. The city could have taken a lead for change and Blatchford was a prime opportunity.

Back