ICE District Block IJ | ?m | ?s | ICE District Prop. | Next Architecture

I think the plaza will always be the preferential choice. People will gravitate to the better aesthetics first...

Agreed. In spite of the cold and rainy weather, the plaza had a decent crowd on Monday:

znv1ClH.jpg

Wish I could have an ad blocker in everyday life. So much spam all over the place, including inside the rinks now too.

Let me get this straight. They build a massive public plaza. Out of pocket. Where they aren’t charging fans to watch the game and thousands can group up and enjoy the atmosphere without paying. God forbid they show some ads to make some money back. The screens are also used for extra game screens as well when the plaza is more full. Getting mad at ads not being interesting isn’t their fault it’s the fault of the person making the add. Next time you see an uninteresting Coca-Cola add write them a letter. The screens have been used for other things during music performances and movie showings. Why would you even put something other than adds during a game on those screen. Everyone’s eyes are on the game. During moments last playoff season where the plaza was extra full some of the screens also showed the game. I don’t see a problem with this at all tbh. It’s been used very practically.

? I was merely stating that I noticed all the Oilers shirts worn than the advertisements mentioned on the screen. How is that about me?

I agree there are more ads these days than I like, but maybe its just me, I don't get why some people are so bothered by ads if you are not paying for something. Just ignore them, if not interested, - look at your phone, talk to a friend instead, look at the sky ...

However, if I was paying big bucks for a ticket inside the area, I might feel more strongly about wanting fewer ads.

Back