Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
What do you think @archited, will there be 25,000 people in Oliver before 2030? There were approx 19,000 in 2014, can't find a more recent statistic
3A13C71A-16EA-4B21-A29E-E38A466A023E.png

Here's another prediction -- Edmonton will blossom in 2024, but for every apartment built in the Central Business District there will be 2 built in Oliver.
I think that is probably a fairly safe prediction. One of the odd things I noticed about Edmonton more than once over the years, is if you want to predict what is happening in 6 months to a year, look at Calgary.

There often seems to be a lag, so I think increased residential construction in the more central areas here, immigration, low vacancy and big rent increases will eventually happen here too. We are not an island somehow immune to what is happening around us.

It is what I was told by Alldritt -- and a claim that at the time I believed because I was interested in taking some retail space in their building. If we can't go by what is proposed and what may or may not be true then what is the F'ing point of this website. You call it "pie-in-the-sky" -- well then the whole Skyrise City site is "pie in the sky" because it focuses on "what could be" -- if that isn't good enough for you then I can't help you and you can believe all of the negative crap that is promulgated here from time to time from different sources. I am not Alldritt and so whatever is passed on by them to me is what I report to you and the website -- like it or don't, it is your choice.
I agree there is a lot of negativity here, which I have noticed for a while. I think overly so. I am not sure if that is because some people are focused only on the present or the recent past and can't see anything different in the future, or because of something related to their personal situations.

Yes, the last few years have been tough for a lot of people, but its not about predicting the past or the present, but the future. Economic conditions here have improved considerably in the last year or two. It might take a while for the physical and perhaps the mindset of some to catch up with that.

Well I think that with every new residential tower that goes up in the core, the positivity towards the core increases. My hopes that these towers, the Parks and the Stationlands towers will give further hope and will encourage building within the triangle of these three developments.

Well I think that with every new residential tower that goes up in the core, the positivity towards the core increases. My hopes that these towers, the Parks and the Stationlands towers will give further hope and will encourage building within the triangle of these three developments.
Its interesting, each of these is located well but in a different part of the CBD or core and helps fill in a gap. They will add density where needed, make the areas surrounding them better and downtown over all.

I agree there is a lot of negativity here, which I have noticed for a while. I think overly so. I am not sure if that is because some people are focused only on the present or the recent past and can't see anything different in the future, or because of something related to their personal situations.
I have noticed that as well. I think for some people being overly critical or negative makes them feel smarter than the rest of us who just don't "get it". In reality, the problems facing cities are complicated and overly simplistic or glib responses from certain posters make it clear they don't really understand things as much as they think.

You can go on vacation to Vancouver or Toronto and come back to dump all over Edmonton, but frankly that isn't particularly useful. We aren't perfect, but I have to give it to the builders in this city because it's much harder than just chirping from the sidelines.

Walked by it and noticed that it is starting to have an impact on the feel of 104st now.

What a gong show around that site though. Between 100 Avenue closed for pipes, 100ave sidewalk and bike lane closed, the site trailer blocking the sidewalk, the parking spaces fenced and used by construction workers and some minor lay down areas, it is clear to me that we have not learned very much from Fox Tower construction 10yrs ago.

It’s been a good minute since I’ve posted on here but I’ve been occasionally checking up on projects.

What’s the latest in the height for this? Last I saw they were modifying or reducing it?

I have noticed that as well. I think for some people being overly critical or negative makes them feel smarter than the rest of us who just don't "get it". In reality, the problems facing cities are complicated and overly simplistic or glib responses from certain posters make it clear they don't really understand things as much as they think.

You can go on vacation to Vancouver or Toronto and come back to dump all over Edmonton, but frankly that isn't particularly useful. We aren't perfect, but I have to give it to the builders in this city because it's much harder than just chirping from the sidelines.
It's easy to talk sh*t about something, especially when you don't know much about the specific topic. I also suspect the vast majority of those that are pessimistic are not risk takers either.

Back