Hat @ 122 | 35.96m | 12s | Cidex Group | NORR

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
3B948A77-585D-46D0-8C01-06073A8B0A48.jpeg

Thank you! This cluster just keeps getting better and better. (Let's hope the additional humans help make 124 Street and area reach its potential)
100% agree. Ane I would kill to see the lot where the cannabis store and that corner lot redeveloped. This, along with the proposed new tower on the Jasper House parking lot, would probably make this my favorite area in the city, both visually and in terms of livability.

Also having Imagine Jasper Avenue renovations done here would do some serious wonders for the aesthetics. If that can get completed (anyone know if and when plans are to start renovations here?) plus a couple of extra projects, Edmonton will have a seriously livable and cool "uptown" district that extends to 124th street.

Also having Imagine Jasper Avenue renovations done here would do some serious wonders for the aesthetics. If that can get completed (anyone know if and when plans are to start renovations here?) plus a couple of extra projects, Edmonton will have a seriously livable and cool "uptown" district that extends to 124th street.
I'm really looking forward to see how this area will look in 10 years! It'll be amazing!
And I'll go ahead and say that this area between 116 st and 124 st, from 100 to 104 Ave has the potential to become one of the coolest and trendiest neighborhoods in Canada, if we play it right.

I'm really looking forward to see how this area will look in 10 years! It'll be amazing!
And I'll go ahead and say that this area between 116 st and 124 st, from 100 to 104 Ave has the potential to become one of the coolest and trendiest neighborhoods in Canada, if we play it right.
What would need to be done to play it right?

Justin Bieber told me to 'never say never', but I'd be tempted here given how many amazing hoods there are that are lightyears ahead of this 8 x 4.

100% agree. Ane I would kill to see the lot where the cannabis store and that corner lot redeveloped. This, along with the proposed new tower on the Jasper House parking lot, would probably make this my favorite area in the city, both visually and in terms of livability.
They seemed to put some money and effort into the old restaurant building to make it into the cannabis store. Although, I think it would have been better if it remained as a restaurant or a cafe, it is a character building and it would be nice if could stay. However, it would be good if the the building next to it was redeveloped.

Justin Bieber told me to 'never say never', but I'd be tempted here given how many amazing hoods there are that are lightyears ahead of this 8 x 4.
There is always going to be some place prettier or nicer. For instance Paris makes Toronto look like a dump, but I think the desire to improve things is admirable and we should try to encourage that.

Rome, Paris or even Toronto were not built in a day, although they do have a head start on us. It does take time and effort to build a good city so we should keep at it.

I say leave the small buildings with CRU's alone for now and work on filling the empty lots first. Once those are filled then one by one redevelop the other occupied properties with bigger and better buildings.

That area of Jasper has lost more small-scale character CRUs than anywhere else.

There is always going to be some place prettier or nicer. For instance Paris makes Toronto look like a dump, but I think the desire to improve things is admirable and we should try to encourage that.

Rome, Paris or even Toronto were not built in a day, although they do have a head start on us. It does take time and effort to build a good city so we should keep at it.

I am ALL for improvements and aspirational thinking, but let's be realistic. here given the lack of bones.

Curious, as I have not traveled all through Canada. What are some shining Canadian examples for this Oliver neighbourhood to aspire towards? And what constitutes "bones"?

Back