Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Drove by the elevated section on the way home from work tonight. Grounding cables have been reinstalled at the north end. Derails have also been added on both tracks. Barricades are still in place.

Seemingly no change at the support piers with the scaffolding erected around them.

Last edited:
Drove by the elevated section on the way home from work tonight. Grounding cables have been reinstalled at the north end. Derails have also been added on both tracks. Barricades are still in place.

Seemingly no change at the support piers with the scaffolding erected around them.
There is paving going on around Davies and Wagner Road. With the pavement scraper taking off a layer of pavement, I imagine that the scaffolding might protect the piers from from potential contact from equipment and debris from the paving.

The train may have not been ready for Folk Fest, but the bridge sure was! So nice having that connection back.

E82CB929-2745-4F78-8096-A328FA3718C1.jpeg

You may want to read the replies to that tweet. It appears this is the route 73 that is the LRT replacement route for the VLSE that will be running, not the actual train itself (as I mentioned earlier in the thread).

Also Transit Edmonton is not an official account so take what they say with a grain of salt.

At this point, I don't understand why they are still so coy about dates - they must be getting close enough to completion to put something official out without getting egg on their faces again.

I realize no deadlines was a thing with the city a while back was, but it doesn't work well for anyone in the real world trying to plan things. Not only is it irritating, but it shouts incompetence.

They have so much egg on their face from past missed dates. It would be nice if we could get some honest answers. I would love for this line to get up and running as I could use it to get to work and not have to drive but I'm not holding my breath for it to be open any time soon.

At this point, I don't understand why they are still so coy about dates - they must be getting close enough to completion to put something official out without getting egg on their faces again.

I realize no deadlines was a thing with the city a while back was, but it doesn't work well for anyone in the real world trying to plan things. Not only is it irritating, but it shouts incompetence.

Back