The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A very important project for the Warehouse District which compliments the Warehouse Park. Then to get the Edgar's Shift Tower going and this area will feel quite a bit different. Exciting times for the western fringe of the downtown core.
I don’t know about “quite a bit different “ I’m thinking a whole different universe.

20220420_112527.jpg

The site is expanding! The crew is currently demolishing the building to the East of the pit.

View attachment 394307
The site is expanding! The crew is currently demolishing the building to the East of the pit.
I used to enjoy going there from time to time when it was a restaurant. I suppose one less place to dine, although it was just a one storey building and there are several vacant commercial spaces nearby if anyone is interested in replacing it.

People had wondered about the phasing of the project earlier in the thread. Main reason that the North tower is going first is that there are quite a bit of utilities needing relocation in the "alley" that cuts through the site, and those relocations are years away due to Epcor being tied up with LRT work. My understanding is that it wasn't feasible for the portion along Jasper Avenue to proceed for several years due to this work, so they pivoted to the North tower once that became clear.

Back