The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I also recall that the downsize in height for this project was related to poor non-bearing sub-soils (although when I was asked to swallow that I started gagging). The current design is brought to you by the powerhouse design entity known as Dialog.
I didn't know that this project's height got downsized. How many stories are we looking at now? Is 80 the original or revised figure?

I also recall that the downsize in height for this project was related to poor non-bearing sub-soils (although when I was asked to swallow that I started gagging). The current design is brought to you by the powerhouse design entity known as Dialog.
I don’t understand this? They would be piling down to bedrock and part of the spirit of this project is to geologically reinforce the slide area?

Sorry, sorry, sorry I was referring to @CplKlinger 's post for the building in the Ice district not Alldritt's tower. Cpl you threw me a curve ball for a swing and a miss (I have to pay more attention to which thread I am on). The Alldritt tower is still at 80 storeys AFAIK.
And is Dub still the current pre-design concept architect on the Alldritt project?

Sorry, sorry, sorry I was referring to @CplKlinger 's post for the building in the Ice district not Alldritt's tower. Cpl you threw me a curve ball for a swing and a miss (I have to pay more attention to which thread I am on). The Alldritt tower is still at 80 storeys AFAIK.

There were some massings put out a year or so ago that shows a 40ish story tower on the site. But I wouldn’t take that for much.

Honestly height aside, the most important thing to me is that they maintain the park and podium elements. I don’t know if there’s another development in Edmonton that is as beautiful as this one can be and I’d certainly buy there as long as the price wasn’t astronomical.

There were some massings put out a year or so ago that shows a 40ish story tower on the site. But I wouldn’t take that for much.

Honestly height aside, the most important thing to me is that they maintain the park and podium elements. I don’t know if there’s another development in Edmonton that is as beautiful as this one can be and I’d certainly buy there as long as the price wasn’t astronomical.
80 is impressive, but perhaps it is overkill. How about 70? .. if that gives it a shot at being the tallest.

While were at it, how about adding an observation area at the top (say with a restaurant/bar open to the public), something our current tallest building lacks. I realize developers seem reluctant to do this, but perhaps the city could make it a condition of the project going ahead if they blow past one of their deadlines for proceeding.

Would be super cool to get something like Vista 33 again (from what I've heard/read about it).

80 is impressive, but perhaps it is overkill. How about 70? .. if that gives it a shot at being the tallest.

While were at it, how about adding an observation area at the top (say with a restaurant/bar open to the public), something our current tallest building lacks. I realize developers seem reluctant to do this, but perhaps the city could make it a condition of the project going ahead if they blow past one of their deadlines for proceeding.
I don't think 80 is overkill. For all I care, they could go 100 and make it into a supertall.
I also agree with @IanO that this has the potential to have staggering views from all angles. Being far enough from the ICE District and the rest of the core would give it great views from that and from the valley.

I am happy with the view from the Chateau Lacombe - its spectacular and a meal is always a delight up there in the revolving restaurant.

I don't think 80 is overkill. For all I care, they could go 100 and make it into a supertall.

If the Stantec Tower is any indication, this tower may sit half-empty for a while. Mind you, this tower may fill better if it is mixed-use with a good chunk of hotel space and a few floors of office space plus its attachment to the Convention Centre.

Back