10123 106 Street | 155.14m | 50s | Westrich Pacific | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Asking somebody to put down thousands of dollars for a deposit for something that they likely won't be taking possession of for three years or longer must impact sales significantly in this economy of the last couple of years but I guess that's the model for new sale condos. Falcon began selling a couple of years ago didn't it? Not surprising people are not putting down deposits - don't even know when construction is starting. At least with a house, when you put down money you generally know you will be moving in within a year or less and you know construction is starting soon.

Encore was very drawn out, Symphony somewhat too. Putting a deposit down and waiting years several years wouldn't be for me, but I can understand why it appeals to some people.

If you want something new, you really like the location and project and are in no rush to move it hopefully gives you some certainty. Some people really like to plan ahead.

I recall one person saying they put a deposit down for Encore, I got that the location was particularly well suited for them. Of course, many people will also wait to see some sign of progress with construction.

Generally speaking you expect to derive some uplift on those monies in trust by getting in early at pre-construction pricing. It's a gamble and ties up a bunch of cash but can and does work out nicely for many. Others prefer to wait and buy closer to.

Options are good:)

Is this project planned to be condos or rentals? Definitely a lot of rental product out there, not as much new product for sale.

Rental/condo mix is my guess... with Beatrice Carmichael Park across the street.
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 4.15.18 PM.png

I think it's sad that Edmonton has had dozens of empty lots between 95 St and 109 Street downtown, and many are lots like these or worse, empty gravel lots. I know that development takes time, but the object of many other properties like these are to flip them for a profit. Lots like 101 Street really cast a blight on this city.

One of the worst offenders in the Downtown.
I'm confused, are you saying Westrich is "one of the worst offenders" due to the 106 Street site ? (this is the thread you posted this on)

For one thing, that photo primarily shows an unrelated site - is the CofE (waiting to start the Whse District Park) one of the worst offenders ?

And, AFAIK, the WP 106 Street site has been looking like that long before WP was proposing development there...

Back