News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Miscellaneous

Major Development Permit
Job No 386491616-002: To construct a 222 Dwelling Apartment House building with an Above Ground Parkade, an Underground Parkade, a main floor Specialty Food Service Use, and to demolish the existing onsite buildings.
10304 - 111 STREET NW Plan B4 Blk 11 Lots 126-132
GARDNER ARCHITECTURE INCORPORATED
OLIVER

Couldn't find much else but there must be a thread?
@Avenuer can likely hook us up with the renderings.

mmmmmmmmmm not a big fan of the "above ground parkade" but otherwise I like the proposal and where its located (right next to the future Macewan Arts LRT stop). My opinion may change once I see a drawing or rendering but hopefully not haha

mmmmmmmmmm not a big fan of the "above ground parkade" but otherwise I like the proposal and where its located (right next to the future Macewan Arts LRT stop). My opinion may change once I see a drawing or rendering but hopefully not haha
Man, I'll show you how above ground parkades can be done in a very decent, and even pretty, way. It is the standard in Brazil, due to high construction costs associated with having underground parking, so we ended up integrating the thing to our architecture to a degree in which it really doesn't even look like it's there.

Just to clarify, the Lung association is not the Louisiana purchase site
Three houses were just demolished around 10434 University Ave, does anyone know what is planned for there?

The Alberta Lung Association purchased all of those properties recently.
This was what @Avenuer was referring to. It got mixed in with the other discussion.

Also, the architecture firm also did Manchester square, so maybe it’ll be a 12 story cross between the Venetian and Manchester. Lol
I think the architect actually did a good job on Manchester square, in the sense that it is done to a high standard of quality (it seems). The architect is given orders from the developer, so you can't necessarily blame the style and format on the architectural firm.

I think the architect actually did a good job on Manchester square, in the sense that it is done to a high standard of quality (it seems). The architect is given orders from the developer, so you can't necessarily blame the style and format on the architectural firm.
Unless the architect is Teeple and the building in question is that WWII German heavy tank that we have on Churchill.

@Avenuer can likely hook us up with the renderings.
I'm glad you asked!

Meet, 'Oliver Crossing':

387260968 2-24-2021 3-14-03 PM.png

This building will be taking up the entire Louisiana Purchase/Prive site as well as the Urban Timber building to the north.

That empty lot will remain so, unfortunately.
That is unfortunate. I'm not sure if these buildings have any historical value but they do look like they are some of the last remaining warehouse buildings in the area (correct me if Im wrong). To knock them down and leave the empty lot to the north is quite disappointing. I just dont understand what the city's deal is with knocking down buildings while there are empty lots and gravel parking lots everywhere.

Back