News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

West Edmonton Mall

@KyleBlanchett Ok that's cool and all, but where are these?

1595604645129.png

Did the Triple Five group think about this? West Edmonton Mall and Mall of America work and make money. How long before American Dream will make a dime?
West Ed store count: 800
American Dream store count: 450.

So turns out my prediction was correct, the Triple Five Group continues to be months behind on its Mall of America mortgage payments and has entered a cash-management agreement to avoid foreclosure.

This all started after the Triple Five Group used West Edmonton Mall and Mall of America as collateral to finance the 2.8 billion dollar American dream mall which closed in March still hasn't opened yet.

it's so weird seeing these luxury brands popping up next to the dingy old floor tiles. also kind of strange how the floor heights and walkway widths at WEM feel narrower/more cramped than the large malls in toronto and montreal (eg yorkdale, carrefour laval), considering WEM's size.

@dunno I don't think its that cramped I always thought that WEM has had more of open atmosphere even in the older phase one section of the mall. Now your other comment is very true WEM loves to randomly update sections of the mall without rhyme or reason. they have been doing a "Mall Revitalization" for a couple years now so hopefully they new modern look makes it to all the phases.

@dunno I don't think its that cramped I always thought that WEM has had more of open atmosphere even in the older phase one section of the mall. Now your other comment is very true WEM loves to randomly update sections of the mall without rhyme or reason. they have been doing a "Mall Revitalization" for a couple years now so hopefully they new modern look makes it to all the phases.

this is yorkdale in north york (toronto)
2f25d77137007287c3cd50f1fc4dc61ee8362ad6.jpg_1200x630.jpg

yorkdale-15_1220x753_acf_cropped.jpg

i think part of it for WEM is the walking corridors are cut up by the opening (on the second level at least) that allow the skylights to peer down below. the higher ceilings probably contribute the most to yorkdale feeling more grand/spacious.

Last edited:

Back