Hat @ 122 | 35.96m | 12s | Cidex Group | NORR

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I got an answer to why the projects are called The Hat. Apparently it's because a hat is typically the last thing you put on, to elevate your look and style. Cidex wants to elevate established communities with their projects similarly.

I got an answer to why the projects are called The Hat. Apparently it's because a hat is typically the last thing you put on, to elevate your look and style. Cidex wants to elevate established communities with their projects similarly.

Wow. What a high honour for the established communities.

C.1 Hat @ Oliver 122 (Development Permit / Formal)
Christiaan Odinga - NORR

MOTION: W. Sims

Motion of Support with Conditions requiring the Applicant to present a walk-on to:
● Provide detailed landscape plans, including sections (through parkade lid at
property lines / interfaces) and details (including but not limited to surface
materials, layout, lighting, low impact development opportunities,
furnishings and plant material) for all areas adjacent to the building.
● Confirm that proposed streetscape approach is acceptable to City with
regard to Offsite improvements.
● Confirm the accuracy of March and September sun shadow studies.

SECONDED: A. Benoit
CARRIED
FOR THE MOTION: S. Kaznacheeva, W. Sims, B. Nolan, A.Benoit, D. Brown, B.
Nolan, M. Figueira, A. Zepp, C. Holmes

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Sep 17, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To construct a 12 Storey Multi-unit Housing building (134 Dwellings) with General Retail Stores (5 CRU's) on the main floor, and an underground parkade.
Address 10115 - 122 STREET NW
Neighbourhood OLIVER

Discuss:

hato.png

Last edited:
Same with Dave, I'm not liking the material choice.. But it does look like there's potential for the front portion to be all glass but I don't feel that's how Cidex runs :( So sad. If the front were all glass it would be gorgeous!

Same with Dave, I'm not liking the material choice.. But it does look like there's potential for the front portion to be all glass but I don't feel that's how Cidex runs :( So sad. If the front were all glass it would be gorgeous!

Based on the building elevations, the west and east facades will be (mostly) clear glass, mullions and spandrel panels. I do not see any acrylic stucco being used. This doesn't seem as spandrel-heavy as The Hat at Five Corners, luckily.

Back