Winspear Centre Completion Project | 29.87m | 4s | Winspear Centre | Andrew Bromberg

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
No they have been working steady, just a small crew. I go by everyday and you always see hard hats in there. Foundation work is ongoing. the back hoe was to start to remove the ramp into the pit. Also there ate concrete barriers along 97st side of the pit.

@Airboy, I couldn't resist -- I know it was a mere typo, but I just had an image of a line of people gnawing away at the upper edge of one of those concrete barriers -- a kind of ghoulish fest that brought to mind "Night of the Living Dead" (maybe there's a TV series in there somewhere).

A small crew means they're delayed as that is probably their core employees for this project. got to keep the good guys busy or you lose them. once she starts, the fillers are added.

@Airboy, I couldn't resist -- I know it was a mere typo, but I just had an image of a line of people gnawing away at the upper edge of one of those concrete barriers -- a kind of ghoulish fest that brought to mind "Night of the Living Dead" (maybe there's a TV series in there somewhere).
My fingers may be tired. Have been writing a building assessment report for 3 days now.

New Permit in progress:

Reference ID: Job No 378260709-002
Description: Construction of (a) new building(s), Exterior Alteration, Exterior Alterations to the Site
Plan 9824093 Blk 5 Lot 9
Applicant: STANTEC ARCHITECTURE
Create Date: 11/15/2020 3:06:15 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

This is for the District Energy Plant portion of the expansion - the main portion's DP was submitted in May and the plans remain the same (i.e. large stone canopy and outdoor terraces).

Here's a photo from today. Several people on site.

1606620956639.png

Back