Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Here's hoping that my call will get some processes in place. Really surprised that there is no emergency number published on the Transed site - what happens if someone breaks down on the tracks and needs to advise control - granted the LRVs aren't going to be running at freight train speeds, and don't weigh the same so they should be able to stop quicker, but why not have a number someone can call to advise of issues?
Response I got from Transed today said the following:

TransEd does have a 24hr emergency phone number. It is not shared with the public. If you have concerns you are best to contact either 911 or 311.

All City emergency services have record of the TransEd number, including fire, EMS, police, EPCOR and 311.

When the trains go into public service the contact info for TransEd may be updated and will be shared publicly as appropriate.

Response I got from Transed today said the following:
Interesting. 311 gave me the exact number on the Transed website. Epcor had no information. EFRS had no information either (I heard the radio communication between pump 9 and dispatch). It was my picture on twitter that ultimately got Epcor to at least go out and look at it to see if it was safe. Once again Transed communications teams is absolutely full of it.....

BD2529F1-E2F4-46A4-9913-61F472B8F6E5.jpeg
27FCF13D-A8AF-4567-B33E-6D0AC4BDC78D.jpeg

Finally got to check out the new bridge today since it wasn’t freezing for the first time in a few weeks 🥶

Interesting. 311 gave me the exact number on the Transed website. Epcor had no information. EFRS had no information either (I heard the radio communication between pump 9 and dispatch). It was my picture on twitter that ultimately got Epcor to at least go out and look at it to see if it was safe. Once again Transed communications teams is absolutely full of it.....
Yeah. Possible they updated their information since your interaction with them and provided all the emergency services + 311 with their direct emergency line. Guess we will find out next time someone sees something of the sort.

I have to say that Marigold seems to be working fast and efficiently so far. Seems to be more organized than TransEd. I too am excited for the line - in addition to connecting a key piece of the city, it should have significant network effects and drive ridership on the capital and metro lines.

Back