Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

How is it that they are still repairing concrete within the ROW a full 2 YEARS past it's original expected opening date?
I am getting the feeling they are not being completely forthcoming about the extent of the concrete problems, which seem to be more than just the pillars.

One would hope they will eventually run out of things to repair, but it sort of seems like they are repairing everything now.

And to add to the fun. Was driving home last night, 99st and 102 ave. Was about to go north when some jack ass drove west on the tracks. No time to video it. But are they that stupid they don't see the tracks. Wonder how often this happens downtown.
I saw someone with a rental car do that on Monday around 11 AM, they must've thought it was like Toronto where the street car tracks are within the driving lanes lol

I am getting the feeling they are not being completely forthcoming about the extent of the concrete problems, which seem to be more than just the pillars.

One would hope they will eventually run out of things to repair, but it sort of seems like they are repairing everything now.
I don’t think they’ve been honest about the state of the concrete on this project for the past four years.

Seriously. Can we get a good investigative journalist on this?

Everyone should be writing their local MLA and councillor on the matter and applying political pressure for an independent inspection of the line top to bottom.

Everyone should be writing their local MLA and councillor on the matter and applying political pressure for an independent inspection of the line top to bottom.
With all the large project delays, the city should be doing an audit, an investigation or a public inquiry into why these problems keep happening - or maybe all of these.

Something is clearly not right or working properly.

They've been dicking around with that cabinet for the better part of the last 6 months or so. It's one of the cabinets which I believe they can control track switches as well as traction power from.

Presumably engineers are overseeing this. They can't just say everything is fine unless it actually is. Or they could lose their license or face other sanctions.
There’s all sorts of little games that happen in construction projects big and small and unless engineers are grossly negligent with evidence of it, the games can continue.

Source: my civil inspection background.

Back