Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Anyone hear anything about issues with the support towers at Davies? There is 3 towers just north of the Davies station with scaffolding an hoarding erected around them. It seems the power is off on the elevated section as well. There is grounding cables north of Argyll - not sure if they're visible on the south end of the guideway.
Are they anywhere close to where they had to rebuild 2-3 segments of the elevated guideways a few winters back?

It's these 3.
Screenshot 2022-07-30 204356.png

At least one section was replaced as seen in this photo of mine from back in 2020. https://trainpics.ca/picture.php?/214/category/33

I'm with @Glenco -- I think it could be art painted on the columns -- why else have deck-scaffolding to access the entire pier vertically and on all sides and why else shroud the end result? It has to be a finish of some sort -- definitely not structural. If it was simply lighting it seems that would be more easily accomplished with a truck mounted lift.

Can the trains traverse this part of the flyover? It seems to me that much of the testing on each segment of the line has been done with one, or maybe two trains, and none of the testing goes outside the section.

Back