From Saturday
DSCN8963.JPG

Platinum107

Member Bio
Reaction score

TAS

Member Bio
Reaction score
Got this is the mail today and I don't live anywhere near the Valley Line. A positive sign...?
View attachment 378274 View attachment 378275

I see on this brochure that right turns are not allowed on red lights at some intersections.

A study referenced in the short clip below from Not Just Bikes found that allowing right turns on red lights increases chances of collisions (many involving pedestrians) by 69%. In terms of the city's Vision Zero goal, I wonder if this is something that will be considered in more areas.

Toronto has also begun implementing Leading Pedestrian Intervals where before lights go from red to green, there is a few seconds delay to allow pedestrians to begin walking through the intersection thereby making people more visible - which has been found to reduce crashes by 15%.

thommyjo

Member Bio
Reaction score

The_Cat

Member Bio
Reaction score
When I was driving dpwn the SE LRT route today (28 Avenue to 92 Street), I'm guessing most of the power substations still need to be commissioned. The only one that might be ready is the one at 83 Street/69 Avenue (The train signals are fully functional up to 76 Avenue)..

TAS

Member Bio
Reaction score
This bridge seems ripe for it with all those large concrete pillars. I wonder if some of that artwork overhead might have helped deter such handy work by being placed around those columns that's accessible to accessible to people.

soupcrate

Member Bio
Reaction score
This bridge seems ripe for it with all those large concrete pillars. I wonder if some of that artwork overhead might have helped deter such handy work by being placed around those columns that's accessible to accessible to people.
Then you would get ruined artwork I think. This is easy enough to just sand blast off.