The MacLaren | 85.04m | 27s | Edgar | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I bumped my rating of this building up a notch, because it looks absolutely stunning when you're coming down Groat Road by Hawrelak Park. The presence it has is something you don't get to see often in our city.

The renders definitely didn't do it justice.

Last edited:
Yes the first restaurant of this concept for them in Alberta, but certainly not the 1st foray into Alberta for this group as they also have the Brown's Social House chain under them

Oh definitely, I recognized the logo and the group's design aesthetic on the website. I meant more that it's nice to see us getting the first opportunity in the province to try a new restaurant concept.

Maybe for a 2 bedroom, but I've seen 1 bedrooms starting at around $1600/month. Still pretty steep as those units are approx 600 sq ft
So, those $1600 were just a few units, from what I've been told. I'm currently looking into more higher end accomodations and I was frankly baffled by the prices at the Maclaren

Agreed. The prices are crazy high, especially for not being close to the LRT. Lived in the Hendrix the first year it was built and LOVED it. (thankfully got out before management changed and things went to crap I heard?). Prices were quite high on it too, but with some of the signing bonuses, our monthly avg. was 1100 for the year vs the 1400/month we signed at.

Long term, I couldn't pay the 2k prices at the MacLeran, but with 2-3 month free incentives, might be worth it for a 12-18 month thing. Amenities at the Hendrix were amazing too, they look similar here.

Agreed. The prices are crazy high, especially for not being close to the LRT. Lived in the Hendrix the first year it was built and LOVED it. (thankfully got out before management changed and things went to crap I heard?). Prices were quite high on it too, but with some of the signing bonuses, our monthly avg. was 1100 for the year vs the 1400/month we signed at.

Long term, I couldn't pay the 2k prices at the MacLeran, but with 2-3 month free incentives, might be worth it for a 12-18 month thing. Amenities at the Hendrix were amazing too, they look similar here.

I'm still to go talk to them, see if there's any sort of incentives, but I've got my eyes set on a unit on the downtown core, in the Icon Towers, around $1700, all utilities included.

I think that the Maclaren does appeal to a wealthier crowd, no doubt, and it's going to be 2 blocks away from a Valley Line West stop, and their finishing is nothing short of spectacular, from what I saw. I just wish their price range was a bit lower 😅

The Golden Tower of MacLaren
20200909_195219.jpg

Back