Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

It's going to take far more than the build out of Blatchford to increase Metro Line frequencies. The trains are primarily packed with NAIT students.
And outside of that, it basically serves Kingsway, and not even that well. It's such a weird stub line that feels a bit pointless right now. In a lot of cases, even if you're near the Capital or Valley Line, it's quicker to transfer to a bus to get to the places the Metro Line exclusively serves via rail.

Last edited:
I assume you're suggesting they run the Metro Line to the southern terminus of the Capital Line? They don't want to run trains more frequently than 5 minutes through University Ave. So until they do something about that, not likely.
Having said that, when the Metro Line ends up with 5 minute frequencies, having just a single track to turn back at HSS won't do. That is probably at least 10 years out.
Originally I was suggesting an expansion similar to this—an extension going North to St Albert with an extension going southwest to Windemere. With the entire line expanding to two lanes.
Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 9.44.26 AM.png

Originally I was suggesting an expansion similar to this—an extension going North to St Albert with an extension going southwest to Windemere. With the entire line expanding to two lanes.
View attachment 549973
Only thing I'd change is having it split off after South Campus but yeah it's a no brainer.

Back