• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Old proposal, may not go anywhere, but thought it worth including.

bt_2.jpg
bt_3.jpg
bt_12.jpg

This project is proposed for Bellamy Hill in downtown Edmonton, and consists of 75 residential units.

The tower of the building is twisted and stepped to create a varied profile and to take advantage of the river views to the east. Units are clustered into 3-storey volumes, which give the tower an identifiable scale – similar to a house.

Individual units are designed around a three-seasons balcony that can be closed off from the exterior to extend usability during the spring and fall months.

South facing units are glazed to utilize passive solar heating with operable screens to control overheating. North facing stairs and corridors are glazed to take advantage of natural light, but are not heated and act as a thermal buffer between the outdoors and the heated individual units. Visibility of interior doors and corridors from the street will animate the building from the exterior.

http://www.dubarchitects.ca/residential--bellamy-tower.html

Attachments

• bt_2.jpg
    bt_2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 709
  • bt_3.jpg
    bt_3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 704
  • bt_12.jpg
    bt_12.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 684
Sorry I know this convo is old, but I was zooming around the map and remembered this project! I agree, from the interlocking shapes to the slight curve of the building I find there's just something special with this one. It'd be a great addition to the area, that's for sure!

Also, pretty sure this is right around one of the 5 proposed Prairie Sky gondola stops are, which may be an incentive to get it built 🤷‍♂️

Sorry I know this convo is old, but I was zooming around the map and remembered this project! I agree, from the interlocking shapes to the slight curve of the building I find there's just something special with this one. It'd be a great addition to the area, that's for sure!

Also, pretty sure this is right around one of the 5 proposed Prairie Sky gondola stops are, which may be an incentive to get it built 🤷‍♂️
It is close to one of the stops, but it also seems to me that the footprint for this building interferes with the proposed location for one of the gondola supports. Although I don't see why the supports couldn't be moved across the street to that empty patch of land.

gondola interference.png

It is close to one of the stops, but it also seems to me that the footprint for this building interferes with the proposed location for one of the gondola supports. Although I don't see why the supports couldn't be moved across the street to that empty patch of land.

View attachment 263155

Those supports and the North Rossdale Station are likely going to shift east, so no worries about them interfering with development of the site.

Back