Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

As a former NAIT student who used the temp platform the new location looks a bit crap for ease of access to the campus. Do you enter through the back of the arena now or walk all the way to the old entrance at Building X? Really just seems like they could have held off opening this station as well.

As a former NAIT student who used the temp platform the new location looks a bit crap for ease of access to the campus. Do you enter through the back of the arena now or walk all the way to the old entrance at Building X? Really just seems like they could have held off opening this station as well.
This is my point, exactly. Not only do students and staff have to walk around the armoury, but there is no proper entrance to NAIT, either. Seems like the location was poorly chosen, imo.
Even the new campus development master plan seems to ignore the armoury. Either they know something the public (i.e. me) doesn't or they designed it with blinders on.

Makes you wonder a bit. Personally I'd prefer the armoury to be moved. It could go on the other side of Blathford near the new overpass where they could easily access yellowhead. Then NAIT could proceed with this proposed plan.

As for the other station, a nice mixed use development with a couple residential towers of about 10 and 15 storeys respectively would be nice to see.

This is my point, exactly. Not only do students and staff have to walk around the armoury, but there is no proper entrance to NAIT, either. Seems like the location was poorly chosen, imo.
Even the new campus development master plan seems to ignore the armoury. Either they know something the public (i.e. me) doesn't or they designed it with blinders on.
If you download the PDF linked on that website, it appears to be saying that they have purchased the land that the armoury is currently on and that land will become a plaza which is the "public face" of campus. Not sure if they actually bought the land or if that is just a pipe dream for them...

It seems strange that there was no ribbon cutting for the new station (or Valley Line for that matter).
Maybe in time when the full extension if open. Frankly, what is in operation is underwhelming. They said it was a 300m extension, which it is, but that is to the north end of the platform so 100m of the extension includes the station.

An old NAIT LRT Station update:

20240211_131406.jpg

20240211_131432.jpg

20240211_131514.jpg

20240211_131520.jpg

With the expansion of the Metro Line LRT, to St Albert and a likely extension to the south of the line afterwards, what is the likelihood that the line gets expanded to two lines the whole way?

With the expansion of the Metro Line LRT, to St Albert and a likely extension to the south of the line afterwards, what is the likelihood that the line gets expanded to two lines the whole way?
I assume you're suggesting they run the Metro Line to the southern terminus of the Capital Line? They don't want to run trains more frequently than 5 minutes through University Ave. So until they do something about that, not likely.
Having said that, when the Metro Line ends up with 5 minute frequencies, having just a single track to turn back at HSS won't do. That is probably at least 10 years out.

I assume you're suggesting they run the Metro Line to the southern terminus of the Capital Line? They don't want to run trains more frequently than 5 minutes through University Ave. So until they do something about that, not likely.
Having said that, when the Metro Line ends up with 5 minute frequencies, having just a single track to turn back at HSS won't do. That is probably at least 10 years out.
Which is prob how far any expansion past Blatchford is at this point at minimum.

Back