The Jameson | 53.95m | 17s | Open Sky | Acton Ostry

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I called and left a message. If I hear back I will let you know. There must be a city of Edmonton contact for this project, too? Wouldn't they know of any changes?
This is also a project that was part of the building incentive program in 2021.

How can this be? This was the little baby that was nurtured and fed by the newly assembled planning and permit dept to expedite the permit process and work closely with developers to see that their dreams came true!

I heard that EllisDon defaulted on this project. There are a few projects across Canada which have had unexpected GC departures this year but this is especially odd considering they snatched the job from Clark to begin with. Over promise and under deliver?
Not a good outcome for EllisDon but I hope this project can still proceed.

I heard that EllisDon defaulted on this project. There are a few projects across Canada which have had unexpected GC departures this year but this is especially odd considering they snatched the job from Clark to begin with. Over promise and under deliver?
Heard there was a big blood letting a few weeks back at ED locally.

Heard there was a big blood letting a few weeks back at ED locally.
I would assume they had some degree of financial investment in PSG… and who knows how much they have into their Prairie Link pipedream. Some not so great decision making from the top down when you include this project bungling as well.

Frankly, I haven’t had a lot of good professional experiences with EllisDon (including on this project) but that aside it sucks seeing anyone locally lose their jobs.

Never had good dealings with the firm either and yet the guys I worked with on projects were decent to deal with. But then I could say the same thing about PCL.

Currently working with Bird, Graham, Clark and JenCol on projects. Getting along good with all of them.

A slightly disingenuous comment - I'm sure they were in part responsible for the failure of the contract, but there's not a chance in hell that a contractor of that size would genuinely default on a project like this. Perhaps that's the spin the developer will put on it, but I can't imagine it's factual.

A slightly disingenuous comment - I'm sure they were in part responsible for the failure of the contract, but there's not a chance in hell that a contractor of that size would genuinely default on a project like this. Perhaps that's the spin the developer will put on it, but I can't imagine it's factual.
I'm just sharing what I've heard, I don't know enough to make judgement. Take it as a rumor, there are always two sides to a story.

Looking at this from a distance though construction was proceeding and stopped pretty much immediately after EllisDon took over. We can only speculate on why but it seems mistakes were made.

Clark is not small either.

Indeed. Again, no doubt there is likely blame on both sides for the failure (both in the ellisdon and clark scenarios), but I would be highly suspicious as to the source of any rumour that absolves this developer of blame - especially given that they've gone through two large GCs and have nothing to show for it but a hole in the ground.

Anyway, I hope they can recover and find a gc that will work - this is an important project and we don't need another vacant hole in the ground!

Back