Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

This is a location with a very high probability of pigeon nesting/roosting/chillin' and that these stations have been there for what, 2yrs and this is still not responded to is simply unacceptable.

It's a brand new system and looks like shit at our main/premier above grade system.

There were layers upon layers of shit, with most benches, lean-toos and main posts absolutely disgusting.

Once again, little care or accountability it seems.

This is a location with a very high probability of pigeon nesting/roosting/chillin' and that these stations have been there for what, 2yrs and this is still not responded to is simply unacceptable.

It's a brand new system and looks like shit at our main/premier above grade system.

There were layers upon layers of shit, with most benches, lean-toos and main posts absolutely disgusting.

Looking at other stations in other cities one would assume that spikes would be built into the design.

Anyone have pictures of this? Trying to picture where the problem is in my head.

My phone's camera didn't have enough black powder to run it or I would have taken a few.

The worst areas are under the glazing along and down the large vertical steel sections. Sadly, it drops onto the benches and those 'lean-toos' and so nothing was usable when we were there.

Google maps to show where, but if anyone goes by please take a shot.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 11.47.40 AM.png

Last edited:
My phone's camera didn't have enough black powder to run it or I would have taken a few.

The worst areas are under the glazing along and down the large vertical steel sections. Sadly, it drops onto the benches and those 'lean-toos' and so nothing was usable when we were there.

Google maps to show where, but if anyone goes by please take a shot.
View attachment 530227
Interesting. Seems like a very easy fix with the usual anti bird spikes.

Went by this afternoon for a few pics. The first two are from the old 3 bananas structure beside Churchill.

20231229_155438.jpg
20231229_155414.jpg
20231229_154946.jpg
20231229_155201.jpg
20231229_155149.jpg

Inside the shelters smell awful.

20231229_155237.jpg

I wish smoking was prohibited in front of the library. So many cigarette butts and stained sidewalk blocks. Looks dirty and grimey.

20231229_154753.jpg
20231229_154739.jpg

You think this is bad, you should see the gull disaster at Seaworld in San Diego. Those flying rats nailed me twice, once each on two different occasions. And there is a section of downtown Los Angeles affectionately known as "Pigeon Poop Pass". Where there are pigeons there is poop. I have read that birds have no control over their bowel expressions and therefore the results are frequent and indiscriminate. I was told that it is God's entertainment mode. Wouldn't it be fun if they could be trained to target certain people in formation bombing.

Back