Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I'll go look. Didn't even know this was happening though.
Capture.PNG

Who knows where they're at with the testing. Just throwing a dart. But yeah, you should go down and take a look and take some pics while your there! 😉
EDIT: never noticed before the track bed does NOT have the concrete rail ties as in the rest of the this line or the Capital line.

The street by the Energy Centre is paved. I just walked down there, made sure there was no "no trespassing signs" and crossed about 100 m of dirt.

It looks like you'll be able to cross the tracks soon. A very small amount of that route remains unpaved.

@CplKlinger didn't your friend say that they've installed crossing arms and warning lights/bells at all the crossings along the Metro Line extension? I'd be concerned if that's not what the city ends up doing and they just use Valley Line-style crossings...

@CplKlinger didn't your friend say that they've installed crossing arms and warning lights/bells at all the crossings along the Metro Line extension? I'd be concerned if that's not what the city ends up doing and they just use Valley Line-style crossings...
The pedestrian crossing just west of temporary NAIT station has crossing arms. This is likely due to the higher speeds that the train will be traveling through this section.

The pedestrian crossings between the two stations are extremely clearly marked, have a bright train sign, have a beg button, but no crossing gates.

The street crossings also do not have crossing arms, and will operate like the Valley Line or Calgary's DT portion of the C-Train.

I expect 40-50kmh speed limits on these sections of track.

The pedestrian crossings between the two stations… no crossing gates.

The street crossings also do not have crossing arms, and will operate like the Valley Line or Calgary's DT portion of the C-Train.

I expect 40-50kmh speed limits on these sections of track.

😒😒😒

According to the proposed 2023 operating budget, only the new NAIT station is to open for service next year (alternative case). Guess there is neither the trains or need to operate service to Blatchford Gate for the time being.

Back