lrt2.jpg

Attachments

• lrt2.jpg
    lrt2.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 170
  • lrt1.jpg
    lrt1.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 170
This would be nice but is it worth $80 to $130 million? I'm sure there's a long list of projects that we're not doing because there's no money. Just wondering where citizens would rank this in terms of priority.
It really depends. Can the city line up the same $ value in storm water management projects to deliver in a short time frame? Transit, rec, roads? It really depends. If you have 10 years to spend the money, most likely you'd find some other project. But imagine tomorrow the city was told it had to spend a pot of money within 18 months on new projects which will be finished by 18 months, and will spend almost all of the money on activity in Edmonton/Alberta/Canada; that is new and incremental activity, not changing the source of funding for planned spending.

Kâhasinîskâk Pedestrian Bridge? Seriously? Can't it just be the Mill Creek Pedestrian Bridge, or "the pedway above Connors Road"?

Not trolling, just seems a touch excessive and political to me. One thing is for sure - it'll be an autocorrect nightmare for folks trying to rendezvous via text messaging.

I also noticed that Cree is not available on Google Translate, but I found a Sun article from 2013 when the name was chosen and it just means "Mill Creek".

Last edited:
If they want some real historical context, they could name it Louise Umphreville Bridge-- Edmonton's first first lady and indigenous to boot -- married to Factor Master John Rowland.

They've narrowed the river considerably to make way for the bridge supports. Is excessive flooding or pooling of water in the areas under and around the bridge going to be an issue?
They will dredge all of the land around the bridge piers (only there during construction) and the river will return to its original width. The design engineers have mandated the depth of the footings and they will go well below both the frost line and the bottom of the water table level.

Back