Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Were these shared about already?

4F69AFC3-C859-49F2-86A1-FA48F98FF5A5.jpeg

Encore's product in Blatchford has been my favorite in terms of style/design and that continues with these. The price point leaves many out of the game but they sure look nice.
Could this be marketed in any way to out of towners? Last time I drove around Blatchford, I saw some BC and Ontario plates parked around.

I wonder if this would include some sort of urban reserve and indigenous specific housing projects/partners?
This area would be GREAT for an urban reserve or indigenous specific housing projects! The Metis Nation offices are there, amiskwaciy academy is there, the Edmonton Inn hosts many events for indigenous groups. There was a hint of a Blatchford project by the Metis Nation a few years ago - I wonder what happened to that.

Overall, I think there is a lot of potential to accelerate Blatchford, but I have a lot of skepticism that there is a magic bullet that will allow the project to be completed in a matter of years while maintaining the full vision. But Paquette's mention of making better use of the LRT stations and the district energy system makes me think he's put real thought into how to properly accelerate...

It seems to already be accelerating, especially compared to a year ago.
True - and at the last meeting re the audit, there were hints that some bigger announcements might be coming, but I suspect there is more than could be done to accelerate without sacrificing on the vision. Maybe in the end, Councillor Paquette will just be able to take credit for an acceleration that was already underway.

Does construction stage mean that the site has been prepared for construction or that building construction is actually taking place?

Does construction stage mean that the site has been prepared for construction or that building construction is actually taking place?
My read of it is that they are referring to only the land development construction stage. So, basically just getting it prepared for building construction.

Back