News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Weather or not

archited

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought that it would be fun to post the daily tallies for weather related (initially) to five Canadian Cities as compared one to the other in a ranking system that accounts for temperature (highest = 5; lowest = 1), humidity (lowest = 5; highest =1), and precipitation (lowest = 5; highest = 1). The overall rating will be a blending of the numbers to pick the best result. The five cities will be Edmonton (of course), Vancouver, Winnipeg, Ottawa, and Toronto -- initially. At @Kaizen 's suggestion, after the idea takes root we will add in more northern hemisphere cities and add, perhaps, some additional Canadian burgs.

Weather 1.png

Edmonton is the best Place to be today from a weather standpoint. Check out that nasty wind speed in Vancouver (surfs up)

rather than keeping everyone in suspense for the next year on a daily basis, wouldn't it make more sense to look up the data and calculate this on a daily basis for the last year - or more? perhaps even generating a weekly or a monthly average or median score?

just a thought.

as if you don't have enough other things to do... :)

rather than keeping everyone in suspense for the next year on a daily basis, wouldn't it make more sense to look up the data and calculate this on a daily basis for the last year - or more? perhaps even generating a weekly or a monthly average or median score?

just a thought as the data is probably there somewhere in an exportable excel file so it wouldn't have to be entered daily.

as if you don't have enough other things to do... :)

'Tis a 6-minutes per day guilty pleasure, Ken, when I come up for air from my work load. That plus LA Times crossword, plus on-line jigsaw puzzle -- all keeps the "frazzles" away. Plus, if I look at the historical approach, most will end up questioning the numbers. The day-by-day is based on National weather reporting -- I am just as curious as anyone else might be as to how the numbers will play out. I have lived in three of the five Cities -- Edmonton, Ottawa, and (North) Vancouver -- and I have therefore formed an opinion based on experience. I am anxious to see over the winter what the actual numbers bear out.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 4.48.14 PM.png

Today the 'Peggers get the Gold ring and three others are tied for Second -- Edmonton, Vancouver and Toronto. The boob weather-wise is the big "O"... fitting.

Weather 10:29.png

Gold today goes to Canada's Capital -- what a switcheroo from 1 day ago. Edmonton ties for 2nd place with Winnipeg. Toronto and Vancouver are fighting it out for last place -- Toronto gave Vancouver a solid thumping in Loser-ville.

Attachments

• Weather #3.png
    Weather #3.png
    181 KB · Views: 111
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 2.04.48 PM.png

Edmonton comes in third behind Vancouver and Winnipeg; Ottawa's score is giving me whiplash, and Toronto once again lands at the bottom.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 11.26.00 AM.png

Today weather-wise Edmonton ranks second behind Vancouver. Although this is a small sample for October it is closer to the winter side of the month than not.

In the final week of the month, Edmonton has placed first 2 times, second 3 times, and third 2 times; never ranking lower than third -- 28 points for the week and FIRST over all.
In the same stretch, Vancouver has placed first 2 times, second 2 times, third 1 time, fourth 2 times -- 25 points for the week and second over all.
Winnipeg has come in first 1 time, second 4 times, third 0 times, fourth 1 time and dead last 1 time -- 23 points for the week and third over all.
Ottawa has ranked first 1 time, second 0 times, third 1 time, fourth 3 times, and dead last 2 times -- 16 points for the week and tied with Toronto for fourth over all.
Toronto has ranked first 1 time, second 1 time, third 1 time, fourth 0 times and dead last 4 times -- 16 points for the week and tied with Ottawa for fourth over all.

Back