News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Warehouse District Park

The city acquired the former Lamb development site (which are 185/186/187 I believe).
Thanks for that. 185 is the one in question and it’s not highlighted. Considering half the lamb lots are I was scratching my head but it must be an error.

IMG_1831.jpeg

Doan's is gone

I wonder if the Warehouse Park will be done concurrently with Jasper Avenue (106-109 Street).. Corona Station could also be renovated. This construction would interfere less with Valley Line West LRT.
The new tower is advertising direct in-building access to Corona, so I hope the two skinny staircases can be removed and replaced with a wider, accessible (elevator?) way in through the building like Central has with those Cambridge Lofts. Hopefully that will widen the sidewalk too.

The new tower is advertising direct in-building access to Corona, so I hope the two skinny staircases can be removed and replaced with a wider, accessible (elevator?) way in through the building like Central has with those Cambridge Lofts. Hopefully that will widen the sidewalk too.
That's the plan, the exterior stairwell will be replaced by an in-building entrance like Cambridge Lofts.

Design concepts released for Warehouse Park​

April 29, 2022

News media are invited to join the Warehouse Park design team for a site visit as concepts are shared for this transformative downtown Edmonton park.

Suzanne Young, Director, Open Space Planning & Design, City of Edmonton, Pat Hanson, Principal, gh3*, and Yannick Roberge, Landscape Architect Senior, Claude Cormier + Associés, will be on-site to discuss and share the design concepts for the park which will cover 1.47 hectares (more than two football fields) between 106 Street and 108 Street, just north of Jasper Avenue. The City is launching a three-week public engagement campaign on the design concepts for the park. Media will be able to speak with the project team and learn what’s planned for the park.

Date: Monday, May 2
Time: 11:30 a.m.
10135 – 107 Street (gravel lot on the east side of 107 Street)​

For more information:
edmonton.ca/WarehousePark

Media contact:
Claire Graff
Senior Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement
780-974-1957​

Back