News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Valley Zoo

anyone else detect a trend here with the zoo, the ski hill, hangar 14, the low level bridge, the high level bridge, the power plant, scona pool, oliver pool, the coliseum, the recycle plant, the compost facility, hawrelak park…

Hopefully maintenance and restoration is a theme over the next little while. Take care of the great assets we already have. The zoo in particular is one we enjoy several times a year as a family.

anyone else detect a trend here with the zoo, the ski hill, hangar 14, the low level bridge, the high level bridge, the power plant, scona pool, oliver pool, the coliseum, the recycle plant, the compost facility, hawrelak park…
A trend of playing 'catch up' from not properly maintaining our existing assets over the last 20 years?

Edmonton Valley Zoo needs $10.9M in upgrades to meet national standards, city report says​

Councillors question dire safety scenario for staff, animals outlined in budget report

Question is why are we only hearing about this “de-creditation” now? City wants to keep it a secret so they can guilt trip the population and we have to agree to pay for it before Bob Barkers minions steal Lucy in the middle of the night?

^exactly.

You don't go from 0-100 in a day. How did this occur and where did things falloff?

I wonder if there is a new path forward.

Zoo.png

How do we get to the point of an "investigation?" Are we that inept at running a zoo? How many other zoos around NA get "investigated?" I've managed some giant facilities, but geez - I could probably take over tomorrow and no one would be the wiser.....lol

All zoos in order to maintain their accreditation are investigated from time to time.

Back