University Commons | ?m | 7s | U of A | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
AS Ian says the fit out does take a lot longer. The rough in has been done but the fine work of fitting out and commissioning the Labs will take some time. In fact the commissioning will take 6 months to a year depending on the Lab levels.
I didn't realize that there'll be labs here, I thought it was just administration and gathering spaces (and some classrooms apparently). Any idea what the labs will be for, and how many there will be?

I didn't realize that there'll be labs here, I thought it was just administration and gathering spaces (and some classrooms apparently). Any idea what the labs will be for, and how many there will be?
I remember some of the labs I worked on in there, one was looking a better ways to clean teeth, also one was implants. But there were also a couple of Biohazard labs in there. anything to do with oral and human health gets looked at. One research a number of years ago was looking at lazers for cavity removal.

No ability to open up the majority of the common space while various lab fitouts/commissioning takes place? It's one thing to say it opens its doors 2024, it's another to say full completion of the project 2024.

Some new pictures via this thread. Apparently the opening date is late-2023/early-2024:

los67cnuz1481.jpg
jvn3ebnuz1481.jpg
j78ctbnuz1481.jpg
oi0a7cnuz1481.jpg
lvd9zgnuz1481.jpg

I have fond memories of cutting through the old DP building on my way over to classes in the mid 80's. The door was to the right of (and of course back from) the door in this picture I think.

That building was so old school, but was somewhat run down and neglected even then. The new addition itself looks nice and visually I think it works well with the old building.

Back