University Commons | ?m | 7s | U of A | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
^from their site:

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 9.06.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 9.06.10 AM.png

If they would only rehabilitate some of the other buildings in campus in a similar manner, especially in the Arts areas, I'd be supremely happy.

It's going to be nice to have the Dent Pharm building have a reputation besides "always closed", "haunted" or "Isn't there an old nuclear reactor in the basement?"

If they would only rehabilitate some of the other buildings in campus in a similar manner, especially in the Arts areas, I'd be supremely happy.

It's going to be nice to have the Dent Pharm building have a reputation besides "always closed", "haunted" or "Isn't there an old nuclear reactor in the basement?"
Agreed. During my degree, I never once stepped foot in DentPharm (probably because I wasn't smart enough for any sort of Dentistry or Pharmacy program) but I did go there when their old Ortho clinic was there. Such an incredible building. I recall there being granite (marble?) stairs that were literally worn down in the center from nearly a century of students, faculty and staff walking up and down them.

Even at 7 storeys, the clear glazing seems like it will still have an impact either reflecting the sun or lit at night from this vantage point. I can't wait to see some close-up shots to see the progress on this beauty.
This shot was taken from the staircase near Knobhill Park.
2021-04-07 103.JPG

Even at 7 storeys, the clear glazing seems like it will still have an impact either reflecting the sun or lit at night from this vantage point. I can't wait to see some close-up shots to see the progress on this beauty.
This shot was taken from the staircase near Knobhill Park.
View attachment 311754
Nice shot, although I have absolutely no idea where this could've been taken 😆

Back