The Clifton | 55m | 15s

That wall can work really well as long as they get the ground floor design right. From how that rendering looks, it has a very contemporary artsy vibe to it that is part of the whole picture with the garden and art installation. And I think that is what the architects were going for.

Also, very crucial on the exterior material used, they can't cheap out.

Update

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.02.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.03.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.03.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.03.24 PM.png

Dang that is a beauty. The blank wall will never be ideal but the other side is stunning.

Interesting to see a single loaded proposal, not often you see buildings, especially towers like that. But given the view is where they will make their money it makes sense as a design choice. I don't think even the highest quality can save that blank wall through. It definitely needs some horizontal elements and massing variation to break up the wall somehow. Very crude example:
1673644712605.png

It would also likely help to have a pedestrian entrance on this side, and you could use the entrance atrium in a way so that the building doesnt completely face away from the street.

That blank wall is atrocious. I'm not one to believe anyone is entitled to views, but that's one giant 🖕 to anyone in any of the existing nearby buildings who have a unit facing it.

Last edited:

Back