News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Share your off-topic photography!

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
It can be related to or unrelated to Edmonton. Here's a page for those of us who love getting behind a camera to share some of their pieces publicly. I will kick off.

After leaving my first University program, I was looking for new hobbies to supplement what was a rather wild party lifestyle at the time. I knew it wasn't healthy and not sustainable so I decided to get back to my childhood roots of pursuing photography. This eventually melded with my passions for Astronomy and was an early member of a group known as the Alberta Aurora Chasers - some of you might know us for our 15 mins of fame in 2017 when we became collectively recognized for our discovery of the Atmospheric Phenomena named S.T.E.V.E.

Anyways, forecasting Northern Lights isn't an exact science, but we've got access to satellite info that usually gives us about 2 days notice of a storm. A friend of mine was in from Ontario, and had never seen a show like we can get here in Alberta, so I took him to Elk island for some beers and he was left completely speechless by them. This time, I'd predicted the lights to flare up at 11:10 PM and was only off by 10 minutes. Totally dumb luck, but it blew his mind. :p

Anyhow, share your stories! I'd love to read more about you all through pictures and stories.
DSC_6089-2.jpg

It can be related to or unrelated to Edmonton. Here's a page for those of us who love getting behind a camera to share some of their pieces publicly. I will kick off.

After leaving my first University program, I was looking for new hobbies to supplement what was a rather wild party lifestyle at the time. I knew it wasn't healthy and not sustainable so I decided to get back to my childhood roots of pursuing photography. This eventually melded with my passions for Astronomy and was an early member of a group known as the Alberta Aurora Chasers - some of you might know us for our 15 mins of fame in 2017 when we became collectively recognized for our discovery of the Atmospheric Phenomena named S.T.E.V.E.

Anyways, forecasting Northern Lights isn't an exact science, but we've got access to satellite info that usually gives us about 2 days notice of a storm. A friend of mine was in from Ontario, and had never seen a show like we can get here in Alberta, so I took him to Elk island for some beers and he was left completely speechless by them. This time, I'd predicted the lights to flare up at 11:10 PM and was only off by 10 minutes. Totally dumb luck, but it blew his mind. :p

Anyhow, share your stories! I'd love to read more about you all through pictures and stories.View attachment 314552
Wow!!!! No other words... Just wow!!!!!!

Back