Riverview Crossing Residences | ?m | 6s

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New residential going up on the east parking lot of Abbottsfield Mall, which is apparently now named Riverview Crossing.

Description: To construct UNDERGROUND PARKADE ONLY for two future apartment buildings - Riverview Crossing Residences.
Permit date: November 13, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (01) New
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Parkade (490)
Address: 11804 - ABBOTTSFIELD ROAD NW
Neighbourhood: ABBOTTSFIELD
Zoning: RA8
Value: $5,512,410.00

New residential going up on the east parking lot of Abbottsfield Mall, which is apparently now named Riverview Crossing.

Description: To construct UNDERGROUND PARKADE ONLY for two future apartment buildings - Riverview Crossing Residences.
Permit date: November 13, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (01) New
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Parkade (490)
Address: 11804 - ABBOTTSFIELD ROAD NW
Neighbourhood: ABBOTTSFIELD
Zoning: RA8
Value: $5,512,410.00

This is a 6-storey Ed Gooch 'special'.

Riverview Crossings Residences Parkade

Construction of an underground parkade that will serve two future apartment building in Edmonton near Rundle Park.

A building permit was issued by the City of Edmonton on November 13, 2020.
Municipality:Edmonton
Sector:Residential
Type:Apartment: Low-Rise
Schedule:2020 - 2021
Estimated Cost:$5.5M
Stage:Under Construction

West elevation:

A6-0 12-4-2020 11-10-41 AM.png

The Alberta building code now allowing 8 stories of wood frame might just be the biggest yet completely under the radar move for urbanism in Edmonton. Think Paris where the streets are lined with 8+ story midrises. Spaced out tower on a tiny podium is oh so unsatisfying if you are looking for a true urban street feel.

The Alberta building code now allowing 8 stories of wood frame might just be the biggest yet completely under the radar move for urbanism in Edmonton. Think Paris where the streets are lined with 8+ story midrises. Spaced out tower on a tiny podium is oh so unsatisfying if you are looking for a true urban street feel.
TBH Edmonton's legacy of zoning whole inner-city neighbourhoods RA7-RA8 will hopefully pay off with changes in this area. mid-rises aren't impressive, but they're affordable, and can still be part of lively family neighbourhoods. With ground floor commercial is allowed in these zones now, hopefully we'll see a bunch of new stuff of this genre throughout the city! I share your hope for denser streets lol!

Well it will function I guess. Although that architecture does seem to fit the area.

This will be the nicest mid-rise in the area for sure, so there's that. As someone who grew up nearby and has family in the area, I can't remember the last time anything like this was built in that area, it's pretty much been a dead zone for new multi-family development for decades

Say what you want about 'Papa Goochie' (as I believe @Platinum107 once hilariously referred to him as), but his stuff gets built.

My wife taught at Abbott as well (1990-94) and, while I don't frequent that area very often anymore, I don't think much has changed (in a positive way) or anything of any quality has been added since then. While the design of this building is "blah", at best, this development should be an overall positive for the area.

Back