News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Redevelopment Site - 11558 Jasper Avenue

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.35.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.35.16 PM.png

Indeed but the Emerald, Edmonton Motors, it's counterpart north of Jasper and this site would/will do just that.

Curious what folks would like to see on this site in terms of buildings or massing.
Emerald has long been delayed, Edmonton Motors is delayed, the low rise commercial development just east of Edmonton Motors (the name slips my mind) is delayed and none of these have any sign of starting anytime soon. I have a hard time believing this site will help to transform the area into anything tangible any time soon. I'd love for just one of the previously announced developments in that stretch to start construction this year.

Seems like whatever they want to build here will not be a tower, and probably just another 1- 2 storey commercial building or strip, which would be such a let down for that corner.

I don't get the sense they're planning a tower with retail in the podium

Last edited:
Jasper Ave is fairly long and much of it is fairly developed, but there does seem to be a few big dead spots still and they do seem quite resistant to being filled for whatever reasons.

It took years to develop the area around 109 St and Jasper, which is now fairly bustling and some progress seems to be happening just east of that, so I am hopeful that will improve soon.

I do think the Edmonton Motors site has a lot of potential, so I hope it will happen without great delay. I think it is the key, once it happens the other sites in the area will also be developed.

Back