Oliver Crossing | 21m | 7s

@Mattyeg if they are pre-drilled holes then the piles are rightly called columns supporting retaining walls (usually stacked timber); if they are drilled or hammered piles they are still placed with the same results acting as columns retaining a lateral load (cantilevered load).
"A beam is a horizontal structural element which withstands vertical loads whereas columns are basically vertical members which span from substructure to superstructure and play a crucial role in transfer of load from top of structure to bottom footing."

Last edited:
B9B3DD11-BB89-4ACE-81C8-A8C095F4231D.jpeg

@Mattyeg if they are pre-drilled holes then the piles are rightly called columns supporting retaining walls (usually stacked timber); if they are drilled or hammered piles they are still placed with the same results acting as columns retaining a lateral load (cantilevered load).
"A beam is a horizontal structural element which withstands vertical loads whereas columns are basically vertical members which span from substructure to superstructure and play a crucial role in transfer of load from top of structure to bottom footing."
In this case semantics!

Turn your perspective 90 degrees;)

Is the lot north of the fence not part of the development? I wonder what can be built there as its a rather small parcel of land.
Actually quite a bit. Depending on creativity someone could build a similar building to what Gene Dub built across from MacEwan. With that said I regret that most likely we will get another 1 storey strip mall.

More like we'll likely get an empty parcel of land for another 20 years.

More like we'll likely get an empty parcel of land for another 20 years.
I hope not, perfect spot for some university-oriented TOD right next to a future LRT line.

Is the lot north of the fence not part of the development? I wonder what can be built there as its a rather small parcel of land.
Think it is City Land - 10360 - 111 Street NW. Listed here: https://coe-edmonton.prod.opwebops....14_City_Lands_with_Appendix.pdf?cb=1631351531 / https://pub-edmonton.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=61567

There was a report on it regarding expropriation last year. There was also a recent Pattison sign request.

Reference Id:Job No 406920771-002
Description:To install a Freestanding Minor Digital Off-Premises Sign (PATTISON OUTDOOR ADVERTISING)
Plan 1282RS Blk 11 Lot 125A
Applicant:PATTISON OUTDOOR ADVERTISING
Create Date:2021/08/30
Neighbourhood:OLIVER

Back