Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Jun 16, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To construct a 222 Dwelling Apartment House building with an Above Ground and Underground Parkade.
Address
10312 - 111 STREET NW
398850476 6-17-2021 10-27-05 AM.png

It kinda looks like a slightly (slightly) better version of 121 with those same weird black railing balconies.
Yeah. The dividers on the balconies like this almost always look cheap. I hope they use good materials, but I'm not optimistic - I don't know if I have ever seen those balcony dividers done well unless it is some time of wood between the two or brick, but both of those options are pricey.

Well perhaps they are going for that lucrative nostalgic, discharged from a community hospital market, although I am not sure that market exists.

I think it is more likely the plain, bland , sort of institutional look is inspired by trying to do things on the cheap. I don't believe that always works, particularly in a market when there are many other choices. I think people might just look at it and pass it up or want it for a lot less.

I think they are really missing an opportunity to create something more distinctive by incorporating more of the historic buildings on the site. Half hearted facadism is the worst.

I'm surprised there's no retail on the ground level or am I wrong here? I feel like it would be better if they had that?
If I remember correctly from my conversation with someone from Eagle Builders, there's a coffee shop that'll be built on the ground level. That's the extent of this building's commercial offering.

Back