7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Old Strathcona / Whyte Avenue

DSC00475.JPG

Damn

It looks like Whyte Ave/Old Strathcona have been rebranded "District Whyte". Here is the website.
District Whyte
They have a "Mural Map" on the website showing where all of the murals are in the area. I knew there were a number of murals in the area but didn't realize there were now 47!! Love the website and map and the fact that there are enough murals there now to give it a bit of critical mass in terms of having another reason to head to the area and wander up and down the streets admiring all of the artwork. We need more of this kind of thing in the City - especially downtown.
Mural Map

It looks like Whyte Ave/Old Strathcona have been rebranded "District Whyte". Here is the website.
District Whyte
They have a "Mural Map" on the website showing where all of the murals are in the area. I knew there were a number of murals in the area but didn't realize there were now 47!! Love the website and map and the fact that there are enough murals there now to give it a bit of critical mass in terms of having another reason to head to the area and wander up and down the streets admiring all of the artwork. We need more of this kind of thing in the City - especially downtown.
Mural Map
I don't see that name catching on...though I also didn't think "Ice district" would catch on, and I seem to have been proven wrong.

I don't see that name catching on...though I also didn't think "Ice district" would catch on, and I seem to have been proven wrong.
What is wrong with just using the existing 'Old Strathcona' name? It's been used for decades, relates to history much better and is more well known.

Back