News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium | Renovations

Edmcowboy11

Member Bio
Reaction score
So over the past couple of years the Jube has quietly renovated parts of its interior. The most recent changes not obvious to the regular Show attendee were the replacement of the orchestra pit, the replacement of the freight elevator, and a reconfiguration of the stage crew room to accommodate a new wheelchair accessible washroom.

Coming later this year will be a welcome upgrade to the offstage and loading dock area. If things move forward, construction will begin after the major summer Broadway show finishes it's run here in Edmonton. This renovation will add more space which will help to accomodate larger productions that come to the Jube.

I was involved with the last major renovation, when the entire ventilation system was replaced. I do recall walking across the upper ceiling structure. Looking through one of the light fixture openings and then promptly heading down. I do not like heights.

I was involved with the last major renovation, when the entire ventilation system was replaced. I do recall walking across the upper ceiling structure. Looking through one of the light fixture openings and then promptly heading down. I do not like heights.
Yup it's pretty high. I get to experience that everytime we have to focus lights for the different productions that come through the Jube.

I worked at the NAJA during university in multiple roles and got to explore some of the upper passageways, the 'secret room' at the top and had a pretty good handle on the maze of tunnels beneath. It was pretty neat now that I think about it.

I worked at the NAJA during university in multiple roles and got to explore some of the upper passageways, the 'secret room' at the top and had a pretty good handle on the maze of tunnels beneath. It was pretty neat now that I think about it.
I currently work there and that ‘secret room’ is news to me… maybe I have some exploring to do

The tunnels beneath are amazing. I had to play a high school grad there once and when we had free time, we wandered below and even made our way into Clare Drake arena from the Jube. I think there's a tunnel to there but I can't remember if we went outside to get there or not. That was 20 years ago.

Taken: August 5, 2022
20220805_074737_HDR.jpg

Tree's have been removed and fencing up in preparation for construction.

Back