News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Municipal Politics

The police dept. drives me nuts with their OT. $300/hr per officer X 4 officers to watch pedestrians on Candy Can Lane over the Holidays.....wtf??!!!! How about less OT and more feet on the street in the DT. Nope, we have to make sure pedestrians aren't getting run over whilst they go a "Carol'ing on Candy Can Lane........

The police dept. drives me nuts with their OT. $300/hr per officer X 4 officers to watch pedestrians on Candy Can Lane over the Holidays.....wtf??!!!! How about less OT and more feet on the street in the DT. Nope, we have to make sure pedestrians aren't getting run over whilst they go a "Carol'ing on Candy Can Lane........
i'm not sure where your OT $300/hr per officer rate comes from but according to the eps website, extra duty detail fees are:
Constable $134
Sergeant $161
Staff Sergeant $177
Inspector $208
Car $30/hour - minimum 3 hours

the provision of those services is also pretty well documented in a comprehensive policy document for the department, the officers and the event providers ( https://www.edmontonpolice.ca/-/med...yDetail/ExtraDutyDetailBusinessRules2022.ashx ) so all parties know what is expected of themselves and each other.

Neighbour said he was getting that amount - not sure for how many hours though...sounded as if it was a "short" shift of only a few....

City getting lots of publicity on this on social media, too

Edmonton was part of the topic of conversation on this short segment on the 15 minute city and conspiracy theories - a national radio broadcast in Australia with guest speaker Brent Toderian, a well-known urban planner.

To be clear, I am not either for or against topless swimming at city pools, and perhaps thats because I nor no one I have ever come across has raised this has identified this as an issue, but I do take issue with the issues this city continues to focus on. There are countless issues much more pressing and material that are requiring city resources, time and money and it blows my mind that this issue is identified as front and center for attention.

1676843928613.png

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but Edmonton NextGen is disbanding:

Sad to see, there's a final PKN40 and a few other events coming up as a farewell.

Back